Good Samaritan College of Nursing & Health Science
WIDS partnered with Good Samaritan College on two projects. Both involved curriculum updates.
- For the Nursing Alignment Program project, WIDS led program review, revision, and re-alignment of AASN and BSN Nursing programs to meet updated college credit requirements. Project activities included leading key steps, such as:
- Project planning webinar(s) with project leadership.
- Two-day on-site Alignment Meeting with program faculty to:
o Reduce AASN from 72 credits to 65 credits
o Re-align credits with the BSN program
o Review and revise course competencies for all AASN and BSN courses to support program re-alignment
- Follow-up webinars as needed to continue the program revision process
- One-day on-site Alignment Meeting to finalize program alignment and implementation plan.
- For the Medical Assistant (MA) Program Revision and Hybrid Course Development project, WIDS worked on the revision of the MA program to establish a certificate program that ladders into an Associate Degree program. Project activities included:
- Facilitating project planning webinar(s) with leadership and on-site work session to develop the laddered program, revise standards-driven program outcomes, and define course competencies, performance standards, and learning objectives
- Developing learning plans, learning materials, and assessments in support of hybrid delivery for nine three-credit courses
- Facilitating one-day on-site Curriculum Roll-Out and WIDS Training session for Medical Assistant Faculty and Instructional Design Staff to access curriculum and develop course syllabi