Blackhawk Technical College
Curriculum is an important component of the accreditation process.
According to Lynn Neitzel, Curriculum and Assessment Coordinator at BTC, "We have used WIDS to help them design a curriculum review cycle that would complement our QRP process and help house information needed for our HLC projects." WIDS helps faculty and academic leaders design new programs and courses, document course and program changes, and build outcome based assessment plans which include common assessments. The assessment plans help faculty and others at the college make informed decisions on future assessment needs, curriculum, and instructional practices to improve student learning. "Because WIDS holds all of the data in one place where it is accessible for anyone at the college—it is the perfect tool," says Neitzel.
Blackhawk Technical College (BTC) has been a WIDS software client for over 20 years. As an online curriculum management system, WIDS helps BTC document changes, provides project history, and develop Outcome-Based Assessment Plans (OAP).
BTC uses WIDS to:
- Design courses and develop common course outlines
- Support Program Outcomes and Program Configurations with OAP
- Design Program and Course Performance Assessment Tasks (PATs)
- Record and analyze data in OAP to improve student learning
- Document OAPs for accreditation
- Generate syllabi for students