Army JROTC Cadet Command
Since 2000 WIDS has worked closely with Army JROTC Cadet Command's Education Division to develop 21st century curriculum for over 300,000 student Cadets. Under government contract oversight by Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), WIDS consultants have served the project as lead instructional designers. In 2015 the program began a curriculum revision process, supporting a consistent client goal of continuous improvement of student learning. The newest iteration of the Army JROTC four-year high school curriculum launched during the fall semester of 2020. WIDS instructional design consultants have worked closely with other contracted experts in instructional design technology and has provided the following expertise to the curriculum.
- Analysis, revision, and validation of program and course student learning outcomes
- Re-design of program evaluation tool, piloted and finalized for program accreditation and continuous improvement
- Development of curriculum outline for four core courses and multiple elective course configurations
- Outcome alignment and white paper justification for alternative course credit
- Development of student learning plans including learning materials, and storyboards for learning objects, animations, and games
- Development of correlating teaching plans for an instructor base of over 4,000
- Curriculum mapping of all student learning outcomes to national K-12 standards
- Development of formative and summative assessments, including performance assessment tasks with rubrics
- Development of five textbooks
- AdvancEd Accreditation consulting, support, and documentation
- Education instructor workshop design and implementation
- Develop required online training for Basic and Advanced instructors as a result of the global pandemic; implemented content in BlackBoard LMS.