WIDS Learning Design Consultant
The Wisconsin Technical College System Foundation (WTCSF) is seeking a skilled instructional designer with experience facilitating groups and managing projects to join the Worldwide Instructional Design System (WIDS) Team.
A WIDS Learning Design Consultant provides comprehensive instructional design and project management services to 2-year college, university, K-12, business, industry, and government clients. In addition, the WIDS Learning Design Consultant contributes to the on-going design and continuous improvement of WIDS products/services and assists with WIDS marketing. The WIDS Learning Design Consultant employs the principles of customer focus, continuous improvement, and employee participation as a member of the WIDS team.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2023.
- Ability to design and to guide others in the design and planning of performance-based learning and assessment
- Ability to facilitate focus groups, meetings, and collaborative design activities both face-to-face and virtually using online meeting technologies
- Ability to work with others in a participatory team environment
- Ability to work independently to organize, prioritize, and schedule work tasks
- Strong written, listening, and oral presentation skills
- Proficiency with computer technology and applications such as Windows, MS Office applications (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet browsers, Internet search engines, social media, and Internet communication/networking tools
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new software applications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Three or more years of instructional design and/or teaching experience at a two-year college, K-12 school, university, government, or business and industry
- Ability to travel nationally (and internationally on occasion) approximately 15%-25% of the time
- Demonstrate ability to use the WIDS Model and Software to design high quality performance-based curriculum is a plus
The Wisconsin Technical College System Foundation, Inc. is an independent, not-for-profit corporation based in Madison, Wisconsin. WIDS is a division of the Foundation. WIDS Learning Design Consultants work remotely and report to the WIDS Director. This is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation will be based on skill, experience, and qualifications. Benefits include:
- Health insurance plan or payment in lieu of health coverage
- Paid sick leave, holidays, and vacation
- Flexible spending benefits / section 125 plan
- Group long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Payment (currently 11.8% of base compensation) in lieu of retirement plan